Havaianas Valentine's Day Competition
Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion and acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Aqueo Import & Distribution Pty Ltd (ABN: 55 098 528 440) of 13 Doody St, Alexandria, NSW 2015 telephone number (+61) 02 9369 0510 (Promoter)
3) The promotion opens at 17:00 PM AEST on Monday, January 29, 2018 and closes at 18:00 PM AEST on Sunday, February 4, 2018. (Promotion Period)
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Sydney, New South Wales residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoters and their related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, during the Promotion Period to win a Havaianas Valentine’s Day VIP Moonlight Cinemas Experience, the eligible entrant must enter by simply tagging their ‘sole mate’ on the Havaianas Facebook or Instagram Competition announcement post and explain in 25 words or less why they want to take their ‘sole mate’ to Moonlight Cinemas in Havaianas VIP Airstream on Valentine’s Day.
6) Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period and only one entry per eligible entrant is allowed.
7) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoters.
8) The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9) The Promoters accept no responsibility for any late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
10) The Promoters will not accept entries that they deem, in their absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
11) Each Eligible Entrant must create their own original entry which does not infringe any third party’s rights, including IP, privacy and publicity rights and does not contain material which is otherwise inappropriate. The entry must not have been previously published in any other medium or forum and the Eligible Entrant must not have granted rights to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoters here. Entries that are found to have been derived from, or infringe third party IP will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize.
12) Each Entrant is responsible for the entry they submit. All entries submitted may be used for promotional purposes across Havaianas Australia channels, including but not limited to social media.
Judging of entries
13) This promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Promoters’ decision in relation to all aspects of the promotion (including where an entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) The Promoters will one (1) winner by 17:00 (AEST) Monday, February 5, 2017.
15) It is a condition of entry that the prize winners accept all entry conditions.
16) There will be one (1) winner who will each receive one (1) prize pack consisting of:
a) Two (2) tickets to Moonlight Cinema Sydney on Wednesday 14th February 2018 valued up to AU $38.00 and exclusive seating within the Havaianas VIP Airstream
b) Havaianas Food Package valued up to AU$100.00
c) Moonlight Cinema Kiosk voucher valued up to AU$800.00
d) One (1) bottle of Champagne valued up to AU$70.00
e) One (1) bunch of flowers valued up to AU$100.00
f) Two (2) pairs of Havaianas valued up to AU$100.00
g) Two (2) Havi’s helpers valued up to AU$500.00
The total prize pool has a maximum value of AU$988.00.
17) The prize does not include travel insurance, taxes, transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of The Prize Participants. The Promoters make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist.
18) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoters.
19) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winners
20) All winners of the prize will be notified on the Havaianas competition announcement post by 17:00 PM (AEST) on Monday, February 5, 2018. The winning Eligible Entrant must respond to the Promoters by 11:59 PM (AEST) on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Right of the Promoters to rejudge
21) The Promoters reserve the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 11:59 PM (AEST) on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, the Promoters will award the prize to the first runner up by 17:00 PM (AEST) Thursday, February 8, 2018. The runner up will be notified via Havaianas competition announcement post.
22) The first runner up must respond to the Promoters via Facebook or Instagram Message by 17:00 (AEST) on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
23) The Promoters reserve the right in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 17:00 (AEST) on Saturday, February 10, 2018, the Promoters will award the prize to the second runner up by 17:00 (AEST) Monday, February 12, 2018. The runner up will be notified via the competition announcement post.
24) The second runner up must respond to the Promoters via Instagram message by 17:00 (AEST on Wednesday, February 14 , 2018.
25) The Promoters reserve the right to discontinue a re-draw in the event of the second runner up being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters and which prevents the Promoters from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoters will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoters reserve the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27) The Promoters, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
29) The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines or the postal service and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction, outage, strike or otherwise.
Entry details and privacy
30) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.